MOTHER!
She is the gentle breeze as I walk down the street
She is the smell of certain foods I relish to eat!
She is the perfume I carry always with me,
Even amidst some garbage and foul smell,
She is the soothing hand on my brow
When I am weak and not feeling well.
She lives in my laughter and in my breath,
She is my weakness and also my strength.
She is in my tears and my sighs,
she is the only answer for all my cries.
She is the comfort I seek when in pain,
She nourishes and cleanses me like a refreshing rain!
-PORTIA.
She is the gentle breeze as I walk down the street
She is the smell of certain foods I relish to eat!
She is the perfume I carry always with me,
Even amidst some garbage and foul smell,
She is the soothing hand on my brow
When I am weak and not feeling well.
She lives in my laughter and in my breath,
She is my weakness and also my strength.
She is in my tears and my sighs,
she is the only answer for all my cries.
She is the comfort I seek when in pain,
She nourishes and cleanses me like a refreshing rain!
-PORTIA.
That is so true and so sweet words from heart. I loved your poem. :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful tribute... Im sure she is proud
ReplyDeletehttp://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/06/sacred-ibis-and-american-white-ibis.html
There's so much love put into it Portia. It makes me happy to hear how much affection you have for your mom :)
ReplyDeleteSweet poem, Portia.
ReplyDeletePortia,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful... Simply beautiful
xoxo
Jessica
so genuine and heartfelt..I love the way you write.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful :)
ReplyDelete