TRAVELOGUE: PARIS
Actually after visiting Venice I was so fulfilled that I should have headed straight to London but I had already booked flights to Paris and from Paris to London. I wanted to spend my Saturday in Paris, especially at Louvre. Accordingly I had already booked for a day's stay at 'Timhotel' near Louvre.
So I landed in Paris on Saturday morning. 'Timhotel' has a number of hotels at various locations in Paris.I was luckey to have selected their hotel near 'Louvre'.It's a beautiful hotel with a spacious inner courtyard and just across the Louvre museum. Being centrally located,it is at a walking distance from some main Paris attractions.Moreover,it is easy on your purse!
After breakfast I headed straight to Louvre.As usual there was a large crowd of tourists but the receptionist liked my smile and gave me the entry pass in a few seconds.Louvre is a great enchanter. You just don't know how hours fly quickly in its various gallerries.And then they allow you to take photos which adds to your madness.In any art museum I always feel like a child in a chocolate shop!
Here are some of the photos taken by me in and around Louvre:
Louvre
inside Louvre
crowd inside Louvre In the courtyard of Louvre:view from the glass pyramid
in the courtyard of Louvre
Crowd near the painting of Mona Lisa
MONA LISA
Please don't have much expectations about Mona Lisa's painting.It is beautiful but small,not much larger than a regular family portrait one might have put on a living room wall. Then, it is behind a very thick glass and in the doorway of a huge steel vault.
the Pyramids in Louvre courtyard.
A Dying Slave-by Michelangelo, Louvre
Apollo,Louvre Venus de'Arles, Louvre
Venus de Milo, Louvre Psyche revived by Cupid's kiss, Louvre
Psyche revived by Cupid's kiss-a close-up.
Victory of Samothrace,190 B. C. Louvre
Various sculptures, Louvre A war-scene, Louvre
roof frescos, Louvre three muses on the gilded roof, Louvre
The Coronation of Napolian , a painting, Louvre
Notre dame, Paris
Notre Dame
crowd at Eiffel Tower
wheels of old elevators, Eiffel Tower
view from Eiffel tower-1
a panoramic view of Paris from Eiffel Tower
another view from Eifel tower
A great view from Eiffel Tower's 2nd floor.
This time I didn't go to the top of the tower.The view from the top is mind -blowing. The people seem like ants and that fills you up with a sense of worthlessness. Hence I avoid going to the top of Eiffel. Then, I am a little afraid of heights.
The Arch of Triumph, Paris
Salle du Manege, Paris
Seine River
a panoramic view of Seine River and its bridges St. Michel's Fountain, Paris.
A street view, paris
Canal; Saint Martin, Paris
Entrance to Metro(Entrata liberty della metro di guimard)Paris
Oh, I have taken so many photos since the day was exceptionally nice and bright! I will better post photos taken in Louvre of paintings and sculptures in another blogpost.
Till then ,Adieu!!
.........PORTIA





Thanks for sharing this Portia. Lovely
ReplyDeletehello princess .i love ur pics ...thx for sharing .
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing, indeed. Hardly I can choose my favorites, all are representative for Paris and French life. Thank you for sharing this beauty!
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how much you enjoyed there :)
Nice photos clicked by you my sweety..but I can see you no where in those beautiful images..
A nice travelogue :)
Keep Smiling and keep sharing!
I love the Pyramids of Louvre. It looks amazing :). The sculptures of the gods and goddeses are awesome. I love the close up you took of Cupid's kiss, shhhh ;)
ReplyDeleteOh how wonderful to see the sceneries on top of the Eiffel Tower! I also love the Basilica :)
It's like being there with you...thanks for sharing :)
I enjoyed reading this post so much! The pictures you captured were great and I'm glad you shard your experience. I see you went to multiple locations in Paris so I'm sure you used your Paris Visite to the max!
ReplyDelete