blog = blog.replace(/\.blogspot\..*?\//, ".blogspot.com/ncr/");

Do youlike my blog?

05/11/2011

My 'ITALIAN JOB'

MY 'ITALIAN JOB'...1
Life is full of so many surprises! I had never even dreamt of going to Italy, so I was taken aback when Mrs.Dorothy Webber  offered me  an assignment. Her company has got a contract to run a  'Christmas Holiday' campaign for a group of hotels in Italy. My part of work is to do the write-up and assisting in making a user-friendly layout. Then she graciously offered to take me with her team on a week-long trip to Italy to 'get a feel of things'.
 When I told about this to my mom she readily gave me permission to go, saying,"grab this opportunity, baby! Don't worry about me. I'm much better now and you won't get such chance again. I am so glad that you'll be visiting Venice during this trip.I'll tell you something interesting about it on your return."
   So, I joined Mrs. Dorothy and her colleagues and we reached Milan on last Wednesday,24th October.
           Milan didn't impress me much and we didn't get much time to explore it on account of lenghty business meetings and irritating sporadic drizzles.
   I was getting bored because all my collegues were in their fifties and being much travelled they had no interest in sight-seeing. They were just happy with Italian food and drinks. But sensing my unease, I was allowed to move about.As it is, I am very happy with my own company. Then it is a pleasure to move alone in a place where nobody knows you and even don't understand your language much.You can have your own impressions. Such exploration is really thrilling!
  We visited Milan, Brescia,Sirmione, Verona and Venice during this past week.
        Brescia is the second largest city in the Lombard region of Italy after Milan. It is situated at the foot of the Alps and close to 'Lake Garda'. The famous  'Mille Miglia' car-race starts and finishes in Brescia.
                                             An Avenue in Brescia.
                                             courtyard of a palace, Brescia
                                         A colourful shop in Brescia
                                             the cosy and romantic 'La Zanzara',Brescia                      
  Well,there are so many photos but I won't take up much of your time for them.
     Let me tell you about Sirmione now. Sirmione is a comune in Brescia. I instantly fell in love with this town. It is almost like paradise!
 There are numerous attractions here like 'grotto of  Catullus','the Scaliger Castle','the Church of San Pietro', 'the Villa of Maria callas(one of the most renowned opera singers)' etc but the main beauty of Sirmione is in its proximity to the wonderful 'Lake Garda'.
  Lake Garda is the largest lake in Italy,almost half-way between Brescia and Verona, and between Venice and Milan. Verona is to its SouthEast and Brescia to the SouthWest.
  This sweet-water lake has been assiduously kept very clean and there are some hot water springs too! The walk-way around the lake has been laid out so imaginatively that I just walked on and on  till my legs gave up and night descended upon me!
 Here are some photos of Sirmione and the 'Lake Garda':
near Lake Garda
                                            near the Scaliger Castle, Sirmione
                                               scaliger Castle, Sirmione
                                              Entrance of Villa Maria Callas
                                            pathway to Bar Spaggia.
                                              Lake Garda 1
                                               Lake garda 2
                                             Beautiful sidewalk of Lake Garda
Lake Garda
Hot- water springs in Lake Garda

 
The sidewalk of Lake Garda
Another view of Lake garda
Oh, I have taken so many photos of this wonderful lake, but I urge you to visit this place at least once.
From Sirmione we went to Verona, but about it in my next article.
.....Portia

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful pictures of beautiful places. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, my fair Posh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful place! Lake gards s just soo calm vow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful you got this opportunity..and wise to get out on your own and explore...sometimes it is the best way to see a place...you can go where your heart leeds you. These photo's are beautiful...I love the bucolic feeling to this area...very open with a natural feel to it. The lake is absolutley beautiful...this city sounded enchanting...thank you for taking us on your Italian Tour...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bellissimo panorama :)

    It seems like a very quiet and serene place to visit. Your mom is right, grab every opportunity as they present themselves at your door...wow!

    What a wonderful trip you had and it gets better all the time.

    Thanks for sharing ~ that hotspring looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete