THAT EVENING IN SIRMIONE, ITALY.....
Dear Friends,
you've already read my travelogues about Brescia, Sirmione, Verona, Venice and Paris.
Oh, I can't believe myself that I saw all these wonderful places in just ten days! But there is a border of some regret to this rich tapestry of my joy. I had no company while I was enjoying these breathtaking places since all my five colleagues were old and not interested in site-seeing, having seen these and other places many times.
My mom rightly says,'joy is increased and sorrow is decreased by sharing'. I had no one there to share my joy of being in a semi-paradise, and felt my loneliness the most while I was seating near 'Lake Garda' in Sirmione.Then I missed someone very special the most and it brought tears to my eyes. I just sat there looking at the tranquil lake, the incoming dusk, and a lonesome tree and wept silently in rememberance..
My mute sobs then took the form of a poem.
As I shared my joy of this wonderful tour with you, let me now share my tears of loneliness also with you.

When to the blue of the yonder sky
A tint of dusk was added,
I remembered you, my beloved.
When from that lonesome tree
A flock of birds hastily fled,
I remembered you, my beloved.
When from the ripples of that 'lake Garda'
I heard as if a song of a mermaid,
I remembered you, my beloved.
Though all the while my heart was telling,
'This is a fantasy,don't get misled',
Yet I remembered you, my beloved.
Then from nowhere a feather came,
And lightly alighted on my head,
Perhaps you remembered me, my beloved?
....PORTIA
P.S.
I give here a map of that beautiful land-locked 'Lake Garda' and you will see how that 'Sirmione' is so prettily placed!
Dear Friends,
you've already read my travelogues about Brescia, Sirmione, Verona, Venice and Paris.
Oh, I can't believe myself that I saw all these wonderful places in just ten days! But there is a border of some regret to this rich tapestry of my joy. I had no company while I was enjoying these breathtaking places since all my five colleagues were old and not interested in site-seeing, having seen these and other places many times.
My mom rightly says,'joy is increased and sorrow is decreased by sharing'. I had no one there to share my joy of being in a semi-paradise, and felt my loneliness the most while I was seating near 'Lake Garda' in Sirmione.Then I missed someone very special the most and it brought tears to my eyes. I just sat there looking at the tranquil lake, the incoming dusk, and a lonesome tree and wept silently in rememberance..
My mute sobs then took the form of a poem.
As I shared my joy of this wonderful tour with you, let me now share my tears of loneliness also with you.

When to the blue of the yonder sky
A tint of dusk was added,
I remembered you, my beloved.
When from that lonesome tree
A flock of birds hastily fled,
I remembered you, my beloved.
When from the ripples of that 'lake Garda'
I heard as if a song of a mermaid,
I remembered you, my beloved.
Though all the while my heart was telling,
'This is a fantasy,don't get misled',
Yet I remembered you, my beloved.
Then from nowhere a feather came,
And lightly alighted on my head,
Perhaps you remembered me, my beloved?
....PORTIA
P.S.
I give here a map of that beautiful land-locked 'Lake Garda' and you will see how that 'Sirmione' is so prettily placed!
............PORTIA

lovely poem dearo.. :)
ReplyDeleteI went as far as Pescara but not to this place at Lake Garda... loved it.
ReplyDeleteBellissima poesia with a sprinkle of sadness...
I sensed your melancholy since this morning... cheer up my daughter... Put that smile back at your heart ;)
Lonliness of the heart in beautiful places can feel the deepest...that longing to share in romantic moments...that can only be shared in the living of it rather than the telling of it.I loved your repeated phrase.." I remembered you my beloved"...in some cultures the feather of a bird can be a sacred healing tool...as the tears of your soul cried out...the gift of a feather reminded you that you were not alone...and in your words..."Perhaps you remembered me, My Beloved"...so beautiful Portia..always from the heart...xx
ReplyDeleteWonderful Portia..the longing is well portrayed.
ReplyDeleteLove is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written Portia...
This is so beautiful Portia. So poignant and heart wrenching. It is not easy forgetting someone you love and just when you think you have moved on something nudges you back to those memories and you miss what you had.
ReplyDeleteFirst thing is I really like this image if I was to nit pick I would crop out the tiny piece of wall on the viewers left but that is just me!
ReplyDeleteThe thoughts you expressed so well in your poem are so real to me. I can remember feeling those same thoughts, I would be in a situation that was wonderful but knew there was something ( or someone) missing. A beautiful sight is always beautiful but I could not enjoy it as much without someone to share it with. Much like the taste of food can be enjoyed more with the correct seasoning. I found my someone almost 25 years ago and I stated seeing beauty everywhere. I was in my late thirties so don't ever give up, you will find your seasoning when the time is right. Your an artist and you feel the pain more but you will also enjoy the joy even more when you find that person!
Portia, sweet Portia, this was a dazzling poem...it pulled my heart strings like a puppet making me yearn for that distant love who is never there yet always present.
ReplyDeleteI love this poem...
It has been a pleasure seeing such exotic locales through your eyes (I need to read all of them)and this one is no different. The photo is beautiful and the words that accompany it are from the soul. Lovely post.
ReplyDeletehttp://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2011/11/lyric-fire-a-poets-sigh.html
very well done love it god bless
ReplyDeleteO! Babt i understand lonliness s d saddest feeling on earth, but no worries..u will find ur beloved soon!!
ReplyDeleteLost of love fr u hpney, count me whenever u need a freind to be by ur side!!
Very beautiful poem Portia..
ReplyDeleteSomeone is Special