blog = blog.replace(/\.blogspot\..*?\//, ".blogspot.com/ncr/");

Do youlike my blog?

16/04/2012

MOM, YOU ARE......

MOM, YOU ARE......

MOM, YOU ARE.....

Mom, you are the place
Where there's no fear,
Where my doubts end
And mind becomes clear.

Yours is the breast  which contains
That musical heartbeat only  for me,
Yours are the hands that gently untie
The knots of worries to set me free.

You are that wordless infinite sky
Filled with tenderness and piety
Which stoops over me benevolently
Like a protective canopy.

Your hazel eyes are so sweet
As if drenched with honey
That can be found in the cups
Of cowslips flowers only.

Mom, I see you in everything,
Including my own being,
Then how can you even think to depart
Without tearing my heart apart?

-PORTIA BURTON

(this poem was written while sitting by the side of my mom's bed in the I.C.U. of the hospital. That night was really very bad for her and us too. However  by God's grace she is getting better now.)
***************

7 comments :

  1. A very passionate poem and truly mom is someone whom god made as he could not be present with us in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Where my doubts end nd my mind became clear" very true portia I m touched by your words

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and your mom. Beautiful poem. I can relate to these feelings as my mom gets up there in age. Thank you, Portia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Portia...so much love in this poem...pouring from your heart in an hour of need and your prayers anwered...for both you and your Mom...thank you for sharing this heartfelt moment with us...Always...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful....The love of mom. My prayers are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In time for mother's day :) I hope she gets to hear this.

    ReplyDelete