blog = blog.replace(/\.blogspot\..*?\//, ".blogspot.com/ncr/");

Do youlike my blog?

22/01/2013

GREY DAYS!!

Grey days !

 Grey days always make me think of walks taken
Around my granny's Grasmere on the misty mornings.
I don't know why such thoughts come to me.
 Perhaps it's my constant reading of Wordsworth  shapes them.
But as I look out our windows on these gray winter mornings,
And , oh,it's really enchanting!...
The dark, misty blue, with inky black trees.
They as if beckon me to draw something!
Sometimes my thoughts precede my drawings,
And other times, the drawings precede the thoughts!
 But it all works together to transform an otherwise dull gray day
 To something evocative, romantic, enchanting, or just whimsical.
 Am I merely living in a fantasy world in my head and in my sketchbooks?
 I don't think so. I think this is a necessary element to living fully,
To drinking the juice from each and every day we're given.
 To take the ordinary, the gray, the not-so-desirable,
And transform it in some way to extraordinary, vibrant, and delightful!!

                                      -Portia Burton

2 comments :