'I AM IN YOUR WORDS'
While I am reading my new poem,
Several days after its completion,
It strangely doesn't seem to be mine,
But a reflection of someone else.
Alarmed, I search it more deeply
And get more restless when I see
A pair of eyes different from my own
Staring intently at me, and then,..
..As if I hear my mother's voice,
Calling me out from those lines,
'O, why do you search for me elsewhere,
I am in your words, can't you hear?'
....Portia Burton
While I am reading my new poem,
Several days after its completion,
It strangely doesn't seem to be mine,
But a reflection of someone else.
Alarmed, I search it more deeply
And get more restless when I see
A pair of eyes different from my own
Staring intently at me, and then,..
..As if I hear my mother's voice,
Calling me out from those lines,
'O, why do you search for me elsewhere,
I am in your words, can't you hear?'
....Portia Burton
That's really beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Portia.
ReplyDeleteIts very beautiful Portia. :)
ReplyDelete