KEEPING THE VIGIL
This year is fading away,
The new year will come along,
But I am unable to rejoice,
And can't sing a merry song.
Around me the gloom is spread
Like a dark curtain,
And except the ticking of the clock,
Nothing else is certain.
I am holding someone's hand,
Will someone hold mine?
Oh, for an assurance
How much do I pine!
Perhaps this gloom will lift,
And my worries will be gone,
I have just to keep vigil,
And wait for the dawn.
.......Portia
This year is fading away,
The new year will come along,
But I am unable to rejoice,
And can't sing a merry song.
Around me the gloom is spread
Like a dark curtain,
And except the ticking of the clock,
Nothing else is certain.
I am holding someone's hand,
Will someone hold mine?
Oh, for an assurance
How much do I pine!
Perhaps this gloom will lift,
And my worries will be gone,
I have just to keep vigil,
And wait for the dawn.
.......Portia
Holding your hand, so many miles away.
ReplyDeleteDear Portia...your Poem is coming from the grief of your vigil for someone so dear to you. I can feel the heaviness in your Heart and the want of a beautiful sunny day to bath you both in warmth and peace. There is so much to carry on your compassionate and caring shoulders, yet you must wait for the dawn...and the pain is in the waiting...feeling alone within your vigil. You and your family are in my prayers...
ReplyDeleteDear Portia,
ReplyDeleteThis is how life calls forth the magic within you sometimes. I know it's hard. Holding you in my heart with love and faith. XOXOXO
Touching! When winter comes spring is not far behind!
ReplyDelete