blog = blog.replace(/\.blogspot\..*?\//, ".blogspot.com/ncr/");

Do youlike my blog?

27/04/2013

A Page Form My Mom's Old Diary

Dear Friends,

On the eve of my birthday, when I returned home a little late, I found a page on my pillow. Thinking that it might have been left there by me myself, I pushed it below the piloow and went to sleep. On getting up this morning, I looked at it with drowsy eyes but then became stark awake on reading its contents. This was a page from my mom's old diary and it was about me! I am still feeling the shivers those words sent through my whole being! I don't know how to react or what to say. I am just sitting as if in a trance in my room, shedding tears of gratitude for that 'Angel' called as my mother Margaret Burton.
I've copied that note on a picture and posting here as a tribute to the divine love of my mother:

6 comments :

  1. Portia - what a wonderful gift from your Mom :-)
    A beautiful memory for you to carry with you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so touching, only a mother can feel and tell. Lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful......and I agree with your mother's words. Becoming a Mother was absolutely the most significant step on my life's journey.Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed.Nothing has ever come close to my experience of being a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, honey. I'm glad you have this wonderful written memory with your loving mom. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope she is doing well with her health, btw, and I continue to send prayer, love, support and healing energy to her and your whole family.

    Much love,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! What better gift than this from your mom. Really touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Portia,

    This is so sweet! Must admit, I'm trying to type a comment through a bit of a teary-eyed blur...

    I see glimpses of you in your mother's writing. Not just her description of you, but you reflected in her charming, girlish ways. What a wonderful gift to the world is a mother-daughter pair like you two!

    Happy Belated Birthday, Dear! Thank you for all that you are! Kisses & Hugs for your Brilliant Mum, too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete