He Looked Sad and Worried...
He looked sad and worried, so I asked:
'What's the matter, are you worried
About the impending winter's onslaught ?
It will eventually come, but for now,
Celebrate autumn with golden leaves.'
Looking at his own reflection in the lake,
He said,'Yes, I'm worried about the winter,
Not for myself but for the trusting birds
Who have made me their sweet homes.
When the winter takes away all my leaves
Making my branches bare and brittle,
What will happen to these delicate creatures?
Though some might migrate to other lands,
Many will rot in the dust among my leaves.
© Portia Burton
He looked sad and worried, so I asked:
'What's the matter, are you worried
About the impending winter's onslaught ?
It will eventually come, but for now,
Celebrate autumn with golden leaves.'
Looking at his own reflection in the lake,
He said,'Yes, I'm worried about the winter,
Not for myself but for the trusting birds
Who have made me their sweet homes.
When the winter takes away all my leaves
Making my branches bare and brittle,
What will happen to these delicate creatures?
Though some might migrate to other lands,
Many will rot in the dust among my leaves.
© Portia Burton

No comments :
Post a Comment