LIVING WITH MYSELF
I have a complex influence of my mom and dad upon me. Though both of them are scientists, mom is a staunch believer while dad is a materialist. this has instilled in me a contineous debate since childhood-agreed that life is all matter created out of hydrogen or carbon,but who created that matter, how did the life evolve and what is its purpose?
According to my mother when scientific explainations get limited, the realm of the unknown begins.But given that too, I don't seek answers from that unknown source. I believe god created us with a certain purpose, gave us life and the power to think. And it is up to us to utilize this power and try to solve all the corporal dilemmas through the power of the mind.
For me, God has no role in our lives. He doesn't tell me whether this is right or whether that is wrong. he has left it to me to discern and decide; to learn and grow. Every single day around us, there is so much to learn, and we grow with all those experiences.
I have learnt the most important thing in life is to be true to myself and be grounded in the real world. I would say I came into my real being when I went away from my parents to stay alone in India and earn my own living. In the very first week there,I realized that though I am alone, I can not be irresponsible.I might not be responsible to my parents but I am answerable to myself.
This short stay of a few months in a foreign country, among unknown people and fending for myself at every single moment taught me that the world doesn't revolve around me! I learnt to take my own decisions since there was no one telling me what to do; I had to think for myself. This brought openness in my thinking while shaping my personality and my sensibilities. Staying alone made me more mature,it made me aware of the seriosness of life and the value of money seeing how hard one has to work to earn it.
Thanks to this lesson, I haven't fallen prey to the 'lifestyle addiction' or 'the good life syndrome' prevailing among my friends. I look around amusedly to see my friends addicted to certain things in order to be called'cool'- be it costantly fidgetting with the cellphone to check calls and messages, chatting hours on end online, serial dating, feeling compelled to party hard every Saturday night....and so on. There is no stopping the lifestyle addict, who just has to go from one to another to another...
I see how most of my friends don't really enjoy the'good life', they just crave for it. They get irritated when they don't get things quickly and have their way and then need something to overcome this frustration. However, they aren't entirely at fault, since, as we are getting used to getting everything fast, our tolerance level is going down and the frustration threshold is becoming very low.
I too had my share of a close relationship with this intolerance, frustration and anger. But then, unknown to myself I started analysing my thoughts as to which were useful, which made me calm and more relaxed. This has helped me a lot and though my friends often tease me of going in the 'Budhha shell', in the face of any triffle argument, I instantly step back into myself and become only the observer instead of the participent. oh, sometimes It is really better to live with yourself!
PORTIA.
*********
I have a complex influence of my mom and dad upon me. Though both of them are scientists, mom is a staunch believer while dad is a materialist. this has instilled in me a contineous debate since childhood-agreed that life is all matter created out of hydrogen or carbon,but who created that matter, how did the life evolve and what is its purpose?
According to my mother when scientific explainations get limited, the realm of the unknown begins.But given that too, I don't seek answers from that unknown source. I believe god created us with a certain purpose, gave us life and the power to think. And it is up to us to utilize this power and try to solve all the corporal dilemmas through the power of the mind.
For me, God has no role in our lives. He doesn't tell me whether this is right or whether that is wrong. he has left it to me to discern and decide; to learn and grow. Every single day around us, there is so much to learn, and we grow with all those experiences.
I have learnt the most important thing in life is to be true to myself and be grounded in the real world. I would say I came into my real being when I went away from my parents to stay alone in India and earn my own living. In the very first week there,I realized that though I am alone, I can not be irresponsible.I might not be responsible to my parents but I am answerable to myself.
This short stay of a few months in a foreign country, among unknown people and fending for myself at every single moment taught me that the world doesn't revolve around me! I learnt to take my own decisions since there was no one telling me what to do; I had to think for myself. This brought openness in my thinking while shaping my personality and my sensibilities. Staying alone made me more mature,it made me aware of the seriosness of life and the value of money seeing how hard one has to work to earn it.
Thanks to this lesson, I haven't fallen prey to the 'lifestyle addiction' or 'the good life syndrome' prevailing among my friends. I look around amusedly to see my friends addicted to certain things in order to be called'cool'- be it costantly fidgetting with the cellphone to check calls and messages, chatting hours on end online, serial dating, feeling compelled to party hard every Saturday night....and so on. There is no stopping the lifestyle addict, who just has to go from one to another to another...
I see how most of my friends don't really enjoy the'good life', they just crave for it. They get irritated when they don't get things quickly and have their way and then need something to overcome this frustration. However, they aren't entirely at fault, since, as we are getting used to getting everything fast, our tolerance level is going down and the frustration threshold is becoming very low.
I too had my share of a close relationship with this intolerance, frustration and anger. But then, unknown to myself I started analysing my thoughts as to which were useful, which made me calm and more relaxed. This has helped me a lot and though my friends often tease me of going in the 'Budhha shell', in the face of any triffle argument, I instantly step back into myself and become only the observer instead of the participent. oh, sometimes It is really better to live with yourself!
PORTIA.
*********
Sometimes one step behind helps you to see things more clearly. And after all, living with yourself cand be a pleasand experience when you have a beautiful heart.
ReplyDeleteoh I loved reading this article ..yes u r right.. experience is d best teacher & it brings wisdom to us.. But my dear our intuition & conscience shows us d right path due to our inner-voice & our inner voice is nothing but a part of god, living inside us from where we fetch positive motivational instincts..
ReplyDelete