blog = blog.replace(/\.blogspot\..*?\//, ".blogspot.com/ncr/");

Do youlike my blog?

17/06/2011

The Embrace




THE EMBRACE

Before me
A still statue of Venus..
Those her sunflower breasts,
Slightly tilted head,
Eyes trying to look beyond
The end of the horizon;
She isn't even aware that
The cloth wrapped around her waist
Is slowly slipping down....
And her hands,
Oh, her hands which aren't there......
......................
Oh,who is this taking me
In an marble embrace?

-PORTIA
**********

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful poem Portia...I love your ending " In a Marble Embrace...the photo is perfect for this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was struck by the title and that Venus statue... how could you Portia... it's brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful comparison...I truly love it,Portia...love will hold u in its embrace...

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting but I think she knew :) Well thought out and written!!!
    I enjoyed it


    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/06/everglades-and-its-enemies-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Portia, like Melissa said, you are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete