Let me embrace you my dear friend.... (there you go) I hope you feel better! Anyway... No one can express the grief better except those who are in pain. A lovely poem with an honest outpouring of a heart.
Portia...you brought the essence of the sadness and loneliness of the moon through in this poem....and I like Tameka's reference to the human connection to the "Tide of Change" that was taking place here....and the feel of a Dreamlike State...yet earthly at the same time...as loss puts us into a state of shock and other worldly. These can be some of the aspects of the Moon within its symbolism in the Tarot...
When we look at the moon on a dark night...it is so silent and wrapped in a veil of the unknown and unseen...only silent sadness...struggling but unable to make a noise...
The moon was a perfect metaphor for the place your heart now lies...Bless you and know you are loved....Always...
Portia, all the feelings are reflected so beautifully, every word is expressing the sadness and loneliness, I haven't read such a wonderful expression from long time....heart speaks I think.
So heartfelt.
ReplyDeleteI could sense the changing of a human season and also a earthly one. Nicely done.
ReplyDeletehttp://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2012/04/lyric-fire-napowrimo-2012-day-nine-of-30-poems-in-30-days-angelicas-angst-.html
Poignant!
ReplyDeleteLet me embrace you my dear friend.... (there you go) I hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteAnyway...
No one can express the grief better except those who are in pain.
A lovely poem with an honest outpouring of a heart.
Portia...you brought the essence of the sadness and loneliness of the moon through in this poem....and I like Tameka's reference to the human connection to the "Tide of Change" that was taking place here....and the feel of a Dreamlike State...yet earthly at the same time...as loss puts us into a state of shock and other worldly. These can be some of the aspects of the Moon within its symbolism in the Tarot...
ReplyDeleteWhen we look at the moon on a dark night...it is so silent and wrapped in a veil of the unknown and unseen...only silent sadness...struggling but unable to make a noise...
The moon was a perfect metaphor for the place your heart now lies...Bless you and know you are loved....Always...
This is lovely, and one of your best :-)
ReplyDeletePortia, all the feelings are reflected so beautifully, every word is expressing the sadness and loneliness, I haven't read such a wonderful expression from long time....heart speaks I think.
ReplyDeleteYour poetry is an expression of your changing moods... I could sense the melancholy in your words.
ReplyDeleteI hope that each day brings you to a happier place.