Each One Has Been Given His Own Way
It's morning and people are walking by,
They smile at me ,I too smile back ,
And wonder where they all are going,
what's their purpose and mooring?
A flock of herons flies overhead
They are so disciplined in their flight,
They fly in the "V" pattern so precise
Not a bird out of line or lagging behind.
A boy rides swiftly by on a bicycle,
Just laughing and having a grand time,
And with not a care in the world,
He just hums and nods at the elders.
Then There's a robin feeding her young ,
They hungrily take what she is giving them,
Away she flies and comes back with a twig,
Perhaps to strengthen her tiny nest.
As I walk leisurely watching the world go by
I often wonder what is going on
In the great cosmos and here on earth,
Do I really know what its all about?
I smile to myself and shrug my shoulders,
Why, even the lilies bloom through the boulders!
Let it be me or a robin or a heron,
Each one has been given a way to go on.
© Portia Burton
November 6, 2014
Cambridge
It's morning and people are walking by,
They smile at me ,I too smile back ,
And wonder where they all are going,
what's their purpose and mooring?
A flock of herons flies overhead
They are so disciplined in their flight,
They fly in the "V" pattern so precise
Not a bird out of line or lagging behind.
A boy rides swiftly by on a bicycle,
Just laughing and having a grand time,
And with not a care in the world,
He just hums and nods at the elders.
Then There's a robin feeding her young ,
They hungrily take what she is giving them,
Away she flies and comes back with a twig,
Perhaps to strengthen her tiny nest.
As I walk leisurely watching the world go by
I often wonder what is going on
In the great cosmos and here on earth,
Do I really know what its all about?
I smile to myself and shrug my shoulders,
Why, even the lilies bloom through the boulders!
Let it be me or a robin or a heron,
Each one has been given a way to go on.
© Portia Burton
November 6, 2014
Cambridge

No comments :
Post a Comment