Friend or Sister?...
There she was, a girl with long, blonde hair,
Standing in a corner like a frightened hare,
Unique in her way and not part of the crowd,
But looked as if she would just cry out loud .
She came Forward and gingerly sat by me,
Mumbling gently,'O, perhaps this seat is free,
And I was looking for someone just like you,
Though we're strangers, it's true.'
She didn’t look up but I felt her heart leap,
Could she be a friend that I might keep?
Why has she reposed in me so much trust,
Should I offer my hand? Oh, I must!
I eagerly took her tiny hand in my own,
And whispered,'O, please don't feel alone,
Now we are friends, so don't be sad,
Would you like to meet my mum and dad?'
And since that day that sweet girl named Emily
Has become a part of my family;
Are we friends or sisters? I don't know,
But true love doesn't need any outward show.
©Portia Burton

No comments :
Post a Comment