Into Your Poem's Flow...
O, dear Poet,
Your words, your lines,your elegant verse,
I cling to your each line, each word,
And give myself up
Into your poem's flow, your rhyme,
Its mountain stream-like rhythm ,....
Your poems keep humming in my head,
And I feel you,O, kindred spirit,
Breathing beside me
Like a stanza of Keats or Shelley,
Or looking across the table at me
Like some stern sonnet of Wordsworth.
And at some other time,
I feel you smiling through glinting eyes
Like a puzzling yet poetic sentence
Of Virginia Woolf, and bring to me
A gentle Eastern breeze
Which hasn't lost its soothing scent
Of the Jasmine flowers.
Do you know, o my dear Poet,
How your poems are elixir for me,
Like the rejuvenating liquid
To a withering vine.
-Portia
('Into the Flow of Your Poem' - an abstract painting by me)

No comments :
Post a Comment